Rant Ramble and Repeat 3 MySpace Layout Codes

Thoughts and stories from the veiw point of an eccentric and eratic orbit.

Website Counter
e Bay

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Random thoughts on a slow day

I don't really have anything all that wonderful to say here today , just a few odds and ends. Most of which are the result of the fact that I have been babysitting my little daughter Daisy today while Shanzi, Hailee, and Grandma Sandy went to meet with our lawyers, meaning that I have had Cnn on all day and well that kind of news flood is always fuel for the blog slanted.

In any case; as I said no big wonking whatevers here, just a few thoughts, musings and rambles...

1.Isn't it ironic that in the midst of the Walter Reed scandal, Vice President Cheney makes headlines with the prompt, high quality treatment he received almost immediately after he noticed a problem with his leg? The working poor would not have had that option. So often easily treated conditions are left untreated until they become so dire that intervention--now more expensive--cannot be put off. Worse yet the messy, confusing net of red tape and apathy can be so overwhelming that health issues are left untreated until it is just too late for anything at all to be done. I experience this daily, well maybe not daily but A LOT. I can't tell you how difficult the constant battle for doctors appointments and medications really are. Due to a clerical error we were forced to rescheduel a "well baby" check up for my daughter and were told there would be no appointments available for two to three months, this after we had set an appointment not two days earlier for one of us with the same said doctor. A well baby exam takes 15-20 min.s TOPS but we were not allowed to even switch our adult appt. to be Daisy's (The more important one) due to massive red tape..."We can't do that ...we would have to cancle your appt. then it would be filled before all the paperwork could be set in motion...blah blah blah words words words".

2.Okay...get this...Iran is pissed about the movie 300. It's supposed to be a full on anti-persian propaganda film and part of a psycological "war" on Iranian culture....Excuse me ...er but WHAT? I mean I am not even sure what the Hell to make of this one . First off this action movie is about Spartan Greeks vs. pre-Islamic Persians/Iranians...With the Theocratic extremist Islamic goverment in Iran declaring everything "ifidelic" (is that a word...should be) and the work of Satan that falls out side the teachings of Muhammed...no, sorry their interpretation of the teachings of Muhammed I would think they wouldn't care about infidel killing infidel but who here in the west really knows what is going on in that sort of mind. I personaly just think they hate everything non them...hmmm that sounds familiar...

3.The TANF program is a wonking mess and nonsensical, I should know I'm on it and it gets wackier every month, it like so many of our welfare programs is more about appearing to help than actually taking the time to dig in and adress root causes and lend proper assitence it's all a bunch of checked boxes and passed paperwork that in the end declares "My work as a social worker is done here!" ...a pass the Buck what the fuck ...whooooo'ssss neeexxxt! philosiphy ...well there is a lot more to it all but well I don't feel like talking about it now....and don't even get me started on CASA. I am not going to make any blanket statments here but I know that org. gas a ship load of incompetent self rightious busy no-bodies and well hypocrits. ...crap, sorry I am not going down that road...not with out a lot of for thought and proof reading.

4.Anna Nicole was absolutly surrounded by they most awful sort of flakes riding the coat tails of a fabulous disaster. They were entertaining enough in a campy sort of way on the old Anna Nicole show, but in the face of current events it's just a sad mixture of self serving, boo hoo self promotion (I guess they wanted more than their fair 15 min.s) and Jerry Springerism.

5.I can't believe Mrs. Grantham married Mr. Yancey, Jeff and Seth are steprothers now and Cathy is a step sister. weird, Iam stunned, happy for them, but stunned none the less.

Bye for now

Labels: , , , , , ,

MySpace Layout Codes